The restaurant supervisor is there to support the manager and assistant manager at all times, to help ensure that the restaurant operates efficiently and profitably while maintaining the Pieminister reputation and ethos. They must help coordinate a variety of activities. As supervisor you will support the manager to insure the positive performance of your restaurant team, as well as maintaining high standards of food, service, and health and safety and cash management.
Typical work activities
- In the absence of the managers taking responsibility for the business on key shifts.
- To proactively promote and exceed agreed KPI’s and help cascade them down through the team.
- Support marketing activities, such as promotional events and discount schemes.
- Ensuring compliance with licensing, hygiene and health and safety legislation/guidelines.
- Support the executing of plans for department sales, profit and staff development.
- Support the manager in cascading budgets set by the managers across the business.
- To provide a clear handover during shift changes and ensure each shift is reviewed and handovers/briefings are carried out.
- To support in the building and maintenance an efficient team of employees, driving the team towards the objectives of the business.
- Ensure you support the managers with departmental inductions.
- The delivery of key training, identifying training needs where applicable.
- Support the management of all employees’ performance, in line with job descriptions, feeding any issues back to the managers.
- Support the management of disciplinary and grievance issues where required.
- Coordinating the entire operation of the restaurant during scheduled shifts.
- Monitor kitchen standards – food quality and presentation.
- Support in the management of staff and providing them with feedback.
- Assist the managers with staff scheduling, ensuring that on your shifts, staff levels are correct, avoid over-spending in quieter periods.
- To ensure all staff are well briefed on their responsibilities/ menu changes and are given constant supervision and motivation on all aspects of their work.
- Responding to customer complaints using the company protocol.
- Ensuring that all employees adhere to the company's uniform standards.
- Meeting and greeting customers and organising table reservations.
- To exercise and train the staff in the art of maximizing incremental sales by adding customer value at every opportunity.
- Advising customers on menu and drinks choices.
- Support in the development of a culture of actively seeking feedback from customers on a regular basis.
- Support the managers in training and motivating staff.
- Organising and supervising the shifts of kitchen and waiting staff.
- Ensuring that all customers are receiving great customer service.
- Open and close the business, following checklists to ensure that building is well maintained, safe and ready for service each day/evening.
- Maintaining high standards of quality control, hygiene, and health and safety.
- Ensure a safe workplace by identifying and reporting hazards to manager, where necessary, and taking corrective action locally, if safe and possible.
- On your shifts monitor all compliance documentation, filing invoices, putting deliveries away etc.
- Checking stock levels and ordering supplies, when required.
- Preparing cash drawers and providing petty cash as required.
- Helping in any area of the restaurant when circumstances dictate.