The chef is there to ensure that the kitchen operates efficiently and profitably while maintaining the Pieminister reputation and ethos.
The position of chef combines the following: The achievement of good food margin, great delivery of food service, and delivers to company standards
Typical work activities
Food Service, Preparation and Food Safety:
· Ensure that you follow menu specs at all times, so that over portioning or unnecessary wastage do not occur.
· Communicate any items off sale to the FOH staff.
· Ensure the kitchen is set up and ready for service each day.
· Ensure that kitchen paperwork is filled in daily on your shifts.
· Put deliveries away, remembering to always rotate stock.
· Always record wastage.
· Only to use nominated suppliers and keep petty cash purchases to a minimum.
· Staff Food policy is followed with no unauthorized food leaving the kitchen.
· Arrive to work on-time, and with the correct uniform.
· All stock is secure and no loss of stock.
· Have a calm and methodical approach to service, especially in busier periods.
· Ensure all recipes and preparation requirements are met.
· Ensure temperature, seasoning and flavours are to specification.
· Ensures readiness for service and the pace is set for peak trade.
· Ensure all food is presented for service in a timely manner and in correct sequence.
· Ensure that the storage of food meets company and statutory health and safety requirements.
· Deal with any customer returned food in a timely manner.
· Ensure you meet company’s personal hygiene requirements.
· Adhere to the company uniform standards, ensuring uniform is clean and tidy.
· Follow the kitchen cleaning schedule daily to ensure that the kitchen is maintained to the highest standards at all times.
· Kitchen is cleaned down, and a full handover left at the end of every shift.
Any maintenance issues reported to management as soon as they occur.